Cannon Street Station

Cannon Street, EC4N 6AP
Cannon Street Station
Twin towers

Cannon Street Station was built on the site of the medieval Steelyard, the name given to the Hanseatic League's trading base in England. It opened in 1866 with the original station building designed by Sir John Hawkshaw and J. W. Barry and characterised by two Wren-style towers, 23 ft (7.0 m) square and 135 ft (41 m) high, facing on to the River Thames. These and parts of the low flanking walls are all that now remain of the original station architecture. Wikipedia/CTGuides