Coram's Fields

Coram's Fields
Entrance gates to the former hospital

Coram's Fields, occupying seven acres, is situated on the former site of the Foundling Hospital. Note that adults only allowed entry id accompanying children. The Foundling Hospital was established by Thomas Coram in what was then named Lamb's Conduit Field in 1739; in the 1920s the hospital was relocated outside London and the site was earmarked for redevelopment. However, campaigning and fundraising by local residents and a donation from the Harmsworth family of newspaper proprietors led to the creation of the current park that opened in 1936. Wikipedia/CTGuides